Now lets combine – EQUINOX and SOLSTICE.
Have a look at the Diagram:
What to see in Diagram ?
- Equinox is Sun at Equator. (Happens at March 20-21 and September 22-23)
- If Sun moves Northwards – Sun at Equinox is referred to as VERNAL EQUINOX. Happens at March 20-21.
- When Sun moves from Vernal Equinox to Tropic of Cancer – It is referred to as Northern Movement – UTTAR-AYANA. (The movement from Tropic of Capricorn to Equinox is also referred to as Uttarayana)
- At Tropic of Cancer – It is the longest day – Sun is in the Cancer – happens at June 20-22.
- If Sun moves Southwards from equator – Sun at Equinox is referred to as AUTUMNAL EQUINOX. Happens at September 22-23.
- When Sun moves from Autumnal Equinox to Tropic of Capricorn – It is referred to as Southward Movement – DAKSHIN-AYANA.(The movement from Tropic of Cancer…
View original post 77 more words