Fall brings us lots of hearty, nourishing toppings for pizza. If the chill in the air has you wanting to turn out some cool weather pizzas, think apples, butternut squash, sage, kale, mushrooms, cauliflower and figs for something different. Roasting vegetables first, makes them even tastier.
Roasted Fall Vegetables
- 2 pounds (about 1 medium) butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 pounds small red new potatoes (12 to 14), well scrubbed and quartered
- 1 pound medium red onions (about 2 to 3), peeled and quartered
- 1 pound carrots (6 to 8 medium), halved lengthwise, if thick, and cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Toss the vegetables and garlic in a bowl with the oil, salt and pepper.
Divide the vegetables and garlic evenly…
View original post 1,203 more words